Friday 3 May 2013

A Vision

Cherie and I have started waking up early so we can get an hour of chanting in before work. So far, so good. We've been doing it since Monday.

Kerry invited us to chant today for Soka Gakkai day. We did.

But my head wasn't in it for some reason. I've been ridiculously tired recently and it's been a bit restricting. I've missed BookFace conversations. I've missed watching TV with Cherie, I've missed a lot of things.

Because I've been too tired. I've been going to bed early.

But this morning's chant was worse. I also felt really negative and small. Insignificant.

I need to sort that out.

But whilst chanting, I had a vision. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a religious visitation or some future prophecy. The world around me didn't change into some otherworldly experience.

No, this was to do with a story I'm writing. I had a vision of a place. A setting where part of the story unfolds. A very rich and vivid world filled with jaw dropping wonders. A dangerous but beautiful place thronging with colourful characters going about their daily business. A city where all things come together.

And that's where I went whilst chanting. I walked its streets. Looked up at its starry sky. Smelled the fragrant air full of exotic spices and engine oil. Peered through the windows of the banks, the inns and the auction houses teeming with customers. Listened to shouts of joy, cries of pain and whispers of conspiracy.

I can't wait to get it down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment