Monday 19 July 2010

Time dilation effect

Is it still Monday? It seems like today has been some kind of temporal torture device. It just doesn’t end. But paradoxically, there’s also not enough time. I went to work this morning with a plan for all the things I was going to get done, and I managed to finish the day with more stuff to do than when I started. Go figure!

We didn’t end up going to the cinema tonight, primarily because my head still feels like there is a washing machine inside of it. At least I don’t feel like throwing up anymore. That little surprise crept up on me around about eleven o’clock this morning. I was going to leave work at midday to go home to hide my head in the folds of the duvet, but I stuck it out. I ended up debugging someone else’s flaky code (shouts “Junior!” and shakes fist like an angry stooge from a 1970s sitcom). The debugging went well I’m pleased to say (thanks, Tezza).

So rather than do the movie thing, I have been trying out C++ for a PIC. Yes, I know it’s sad. But this is what you have to do when you are managing a team of multi-skilled professionals. BTW, if you’re considering C++ for a PIC, I’d think again unless you have bags of code and memory space. The compiler eats bytes like I eat Tangfastics.

Mmmmm….Tangfastics….

It was fun though, once I figured out the slightly non-standard syntax. And my program worked first time once I got it to build, which is often the case with well structured C++.

Remember the word thing from yesterday? Making 'Blogger's Block' an 'iPhenom'? Well get a load of this! I've seen the term used on someone else's blog today. No, really! Yes, way! It won't be long now and we'll all be saying it. And you can blame me. Mwah ha-ha ha-ha!

Ouch. Note to self: doing an evil laugh with a headache makes you feel like you've been belted on the temple with a hammer. Must remember that for when I execute my plan for world domination. Or keep some pain killers close at hand.

Anyway, it's off to bed soon. I'll take some paracetamol first. That should take the brain pain down a few notches from the level of napalm attack on a Vietnamese jungle to that of a rather slow hamster running in a squeaky wheel.

1 comment: