Sunday 5 December 2010

Best £30 I ever spent

That was the price of the ticket for tonight’s Faithless gig. A paltry £30. Well, £29 actually. And I bought it over t’internet at practically the last minute.

I am so glad that I did. Thanks to the new Windows Live Messenger. It integrates Facebook and stuff into MSN. I was sitting working at the computer on Monday and it popped up with all the latest stuff it thought I’d be interested in. And I was. Want to see photos of the latest Faithless gig, it said. I did; indeed I did! Oh, and do you want to know where they are playing next? That would be helpful.

Well, only bloody Manchester! And on Saturday. Count me in.

The support act was Example. Meh! Good for a warm up; he got people in the right mood. But as support acts go, not as good as Goldfrapp (supported Duran Duran) but better than Orson (can’t remember who they supported).

I was looking forward to Faithless with a slight menace of trepidation. I was thinking that they were going to be amazing; but what if I was disappointed?

I was not. They were truly brilliant. And then some. Salva Mea was my favourite. It was arranged like I’d not heard it before. Cherie and I boogied all the way through.

Thanks for a terrific night. I think that could be the single best gig I’ve ever been to. And I’ve been to a few.

Genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment