Thursday 4 April 2013

Intrigue in the Heart of Blackburn

Cherie and I visited Cath and Eoin today and we had some lovely tea. Cherie was finishing Eoin's costume.

On the way back... Seriously, this is true.

On the way back we became caught up in a full on Sweeney style cop chase.

I heard a faint siren and could see approaching blue flashing lights in the rear view mirror. Another car, a large sedan type, maybe a BMW, came tearing around the corner behind me. The police car followed. The pair turned right into a connecting street and I lost sight of them.

I excitedly turned to Cherie and said I thought we were in the middle of a police chase. It was to get more intense.

I was trying to get back to Preston New Road and I turned down the next right. Cars were parked on either side leaving a very narrow strip of road down the middle just wide enough for a single car. Half way down, the same car sped around the corner at the other end of the street still pursued by the police and raced directly towards me. I thought they were going to ram my car.

They didn't. Instead the driver directed the car into a small space between two others, leaped out and ran off with two other guys. The police car stopped directly facing my car and inches away. The driver jumped out and chased them leaving me dumbfounded in the middle of the road.

I had to reverse the car out the way I came in.

What WAS all that about?

A few minutes later I was almost back in Oswaldtwistle and I saw the police helicopter pass above me on its way towards Blackburn. I couldn't help but wonder if it was going to help find the bad guys.

I came home and started doing a bit of preparation for the writing I've been talking about. I took Annie's advice and went mental with the PostIt notes. I'm writing this on the bed surrounded by green and purple squares of sticky paper, each with its own snippet of information.

You see, I've had a good idea for a story. I must not let this one get away.

I bet that's what the policeman thought, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment