Sunday 31 March 2013

Tangerine Dreams

Guess what, I've been writing. An actual story.

And it works. I think.

I was aiming for a particular voice style. Light hearted, curious and fascinating. Douglas Adams meets Terry Pratchett.

It may not be perfect, but I was reaching for a lofty goal. What I've got is good enough.

Well, it's a start.

What I wanted to do was come up with just a sample of the style. Like going to B&Q for a tiny pot of paint just to check that you like the final colour.

So I put together a few pages of a scene that had been buzzing around my head.

And I like.

I've entitled this blog post with the name I came up with for the short part that I have written.

I have some more ideas for scenes, a general idea of a plot with entangled threads of sub-plots involving interesting characters and a setting concept which has infinite scope.

It does sound too good to be true. It's one of those creations that feels more like a gift than an idea. A gift that I have to convert from a few sketchy insubstantial images into a living breathing reality.

Can I pull it off?

If I don't try, I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment