Wednesday 13 February 2013

On Writing

Hi there drainers. Glad you could make it.

I've switched from typing this on my iPad to using a laptop. At least, until I get the iPad back. It's gone on a little holiday. Someone from work has borrowed it.

Oddly, words flow better when you're using a tactile keyboard. Go figure.

I've been mainly cooking today. Well, at least, that's how it felt. Cooking and washing up. And working, but just ignore that last one.

After all the cooking I went round to Nina's to begin the organisation of the very exciting event we're due to host at the Artist's Hangout this February.

You see, we're doing a writing workshop. It's a first for the Hangout; there's been visual art and performance art but not really any creative writing. So it's all a bit new and exciting.

I'm going to be doing more writing tomorrow - I'm on holiday from work - and I'll try to make tomorrow's post a really absorbing read. But tomorrow's writing will be mostly about the plan for the workshop event and the associated website blurb.

They say writing's like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it becomes. Using that analogy, my writing muscle needs to pull its finger out and get down the gym more often. It needs to stop sitting in front of the TV, get up off its arse and make itself useful for a change. And while its at it, it couldn't hurt to put the washer on a few times a week or help with the recycling. And will it put its bloody guitar away - it'll only go blaming everybody else when it gets damaged because it was left on the sofa and somebody sat on it.

Erm... Got carried away a bit there. Took the metaphor a bit too far and got lost in a world of messy teenagers.

Like you do.

Anyway, fun as this is, I should go.

Hugs n stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment